Saturday, January 12, 2008

Taking your place

Its been awhile since I placed anything on this part of the site. I was at a youth vigil this evening (8pm - 11pm Chicago time) We had a group sharing and this was the story/topic of that sharing. I thought i'd share it with the rest of the (cyber) world.

There was a visitor to the parish. He was looking for the spot to part his car when he saw an empty space. Just as he parked his car, a parishiner get out of his car and walks up to him, saying, "You took my place. This is where I park." Dissapointed, he gives the spot to the parishiner.

He goes in to the church, finds a vacant seat and sat down. A lady parishiner comes up to him and with a rude voice said, "You took my place. This is where I usually sit." Frustrated with how a visitor was treated, he gave up the seat.

He goes to pay his respect to the sacrament. As he was about to kneel down and pray, another parishiner comes up shouting, "You took my place. That's where I kneel. Get away. Move." Hurt, the visitor walks away, saying nothing.

After all of this, he finds the parishiners gathered while praying for the Lord to come and bless them. All of a sudden, the visitor's apperances changes and he becomes bloody and wounded. One of the parishiner noticed this and ask, "What happened to you?"

The visitor replies, "I took your place."






I hope you get the lesson/moral/meaning of the story. He took our place. He was the one who suffered for us. Those "spots", "seat" or "kneeling place" we always use, those are where we sin the most. He took those places so that we won't suffer for our sins.

If you guys have other interpretation, just put them here. I know this is the usual thing you'd hear from me. It wouldn't hurt to share this though. I've got a couple more, actually. I post them some other time. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home