Friday, August 04, 2006

Women have more balls than some Men out there

Okay guys, before you get your briefs into a twist, read it first, and then tell me if it’s not true.

I was on my way to work this morning. I take the MRT to get to the office. I wait for the train at Magallanes station. Usually the train is full of commuters also getting to work. This morning it wasn’t that full, thank God, but all the seats were taken. Only a hand full of ladies were seated, mostly men. I had no choice but to stand and hold on to the bars. Before the doors closed, an old lady got on the train. She also had no choice but to stand and hold on. When the MRT reached Ayala station, a guy stood up and got off the train. Since “lola” (the old lady) was standing near me, I told her while pointing to the vacant seat, “Lola, ayun po me upuan” (There’s a vacant seat over there), but before she could look, a guy sat down and went on to read his Libre newspaper.

After leaving Buendia station, there was this lady, probably mid-twenty, who called the old lady’s attention and told her that she could have her seat. The old lady was thrown back a bit, probably surprised that a lady, instead of a man, gave her a seat. She said thank you and sat down. I saw the look on some of the guys faces. Some of them were embarrassed, others acted like they didn’t see anything while some didn’t give a rat’s ass. I was thinking that maybe she was getting off the next station, which was Guadalupe. But she didn’t. She really gave her seat to the old lady. She got off at Ortigas station. She showed that she has more balls then the guys seated down.

Well this isn’t the first time this has happen and I’m sure it won’t be the last. Why is it that most men can’t give up their seats for ladies or senior citizens? Is it a loss to their “manhood”? Would it kill them? I wanted to say something to the guys but I didn’t. I didn’t want to create a scene. I just told the Good Samaritan Lady it was nice of her to give up her seat. She smiled.

If you’re going to ask me if I’ll give my seat to the old lady, I will. I’m a lola’s boy. And it’s a sign of respect to the elderly.

Now, tell me if I’m wrong when I say, women have more balls then some men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home